This is a portal to one area of Violinwiki - violin bibliography. Violinwiki strives to complete a bibliography of extant violin repertoire and literature from the very beginning (around 1530) till present with the emphasis on the works first published before 1945, that is the works in the public domain.
Each extant book has a page in the category Bibliographic record. The page also contains reference to a library holding this particular edition, table of contents and if the book is available also an affiliate link to the supplier.
Further the books may be in the categories
Editions is a category that contains pages with particular editions of a book.
According to the topic the books are divided into the following areas:
- Violin technical exercises which has corresponding category Technical exercises books
- Violin etudes which has corresponding category Violin etude books
- Violin methods which has corresponding category Violin method books
- Violin scales bibliography which has corresponding category Violin scale books
- Violin music books
- Violin methodology
- Note reading books
- Piano accompaniment books
There also categories for violin media
Digital downloads is for bibliographic records of downloadable sheet music.
Violin CD is for CD accompaniments published together with the violin method books but available separately.
Violin music books contains genuine music, one piece per volume or collection of pieces whatever the publisher printed.
Violin bibliographies by topic
Violin technique bibliographies
- Double Stops Studies
- Position and Shifting Studies
- Note reading and sightreading bibliography
- Rhythm Studies bibliography
- Violin scales bibliography
- How to study Kreutzer etudes
- Contemporary violin methods